View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #24
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallan View Post
Hitch

By golly, you are right!

I knew about that panel, of course, but I completely misunderstood its function.

I thought it simply listed all fonts used in the document... but not so!

It displays only fonts entered via *direct* formatting.

Fonts that are called by a Style are not listed (only the Style name is listed)... so it does the job of finding those stray fonts that can cause problems.

Thanks so much!

btw... that is sure a spiffy screen shot you made there...

I've heard Snagit recommended... maybe by you... but I did not know it gave you the ability to add explanatory notes... is that, in fact, what it does... did Snagit do that whole thing... notes and all?

Thanks again!

CJ
Hey, Ceej:

Yes, those styles panels are really handy--many Word functions aren't well documented, or you stumble upon them in desperation, I've found. It's unfortunate.

Yes, I migrated to SnagIt from Jing, when TechSmith (the maker of both) said that they were phasing out Jing. I was pretty PO'd when I found out that Snagit didn't have at least one of the features of Jing (being able to add webcam video to an instructional toot, for example), so TechSmith kindly gave me an increased price break on it. I also have Camtasia, which takes a bit of a learning curve, if you're not a video whiz to begin with (I'm NOT), but it's incredibly useful for making viable instructional materials, instead of just praying that your 3 minutes or whatever will work out okay--you can record over, or do separate voice-tracks--very handy stuff.

Glad my tip was of use!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote