View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 06:03 AM   #176
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle KB, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-505, iPad Mini 2
Recently finished audiobooks:

The Island of Doctor Moreau by H. G. Wells. Though I read The Time Machine (which I also own as an audiobook) years ago, I had never tried anything else by this author. Overall, I was very pleased with the experience. The story is more of a fantasy adventure than science fiction, with undertones of Frankenstein. The version I listened to was the SFF Audio Podcast #140. And while this is a professionally produced audiobook (from Tantor Media, read by Jonathan Kent), you can legally download it for free through iTunes or from the SFF audio website.

Another freebie: A Hunger for the Infinite: A Galactic Center Story by Gregory Benford. This is currently free from Audible. It's a novella set in the universe of his Galactic Center series. I generally like Benford, but I wasn't really thrilled by this story.

Currently listening to:

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I am about two hours in and I am enjoying it very much so far. I am listening to the British (?) version read by Rupert Degas who does a great job with the characters.

In my bedroom: In the Garden of Iden by Kage Baker. I have been a fan of her Company series ever since I read this book years ago and was very pleased to see it as an audiobook. This is a re-listen. I still think the Spanish accents of the characters are a bit exaggerated, but it is still a good narration (by Janan Raouf).
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote