View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
timelysarcasm
Warrior Princess
timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
PS: Just before this gets out of hand (and I hope that this notice is actually not needed): please note that this is the "Kindle developer's corner", not a "Linux newbies" forum. If you attempt to use SSH, you're supposed to know what you are doing, or to be willing to read the appropriate documentation. There are plenty of tutorials online on how to get started with the command line on Linux.
I'm using Terminal on a mac, and I've done this particular hack before. I remember running into this problem and fixing it, I just didn't remember what I did. I realize asking questions sets you up for the "newbies" thing, but I can handle SSH-ing, I just figured someone might be able to notice the problem and give me a quick fix, rather than googling myself into a headache for the next four hours.

I know for sure I never had to deal with editing a known hosts file. Regardless, I figured it out on my own. Thanks.
timelysarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote