View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #16
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The difference is that kinamp is an add-on program, while the way I showed only uses built-in programs.

Your kinamp parameters look like the ones I posted many months ago for using with the optware mplayer, to play streaming VIDEO using "ascii art" mode in the myts terminal. Why do you use those VIDEO parameters with kinamp? Does kinamp support video now too? If so, we should be able to pipe that to my raw2gmv and gmplay programs (using different "better" video paramaters). If not, then why are those video parameters on your command line?

I see. I can see then why it would be the one to use, so you don't have to add an add-on program. I didn't know 'gstreamer-tools' was included on the Kindle as I know it wasn't originally on my Linux machine but needed for the command you provided above. Of course, if kinamp or mplayer work better...

And yeah, that method to stream audio has been on here for a while now. It's just the preferred method I've found. Although, testing that particular stream didn't seem to work using mplayer on my Linux laptop.

I wasn't aware those were VIDEO-ONLY parameters that I was using with that command. I found that format somewhere on here and, again, it seemed to work, so I adapted it for about 40 different Launchpad shortcuts to stream numerous radio stations. Anyway, I am unsure if Kinamp supports video. I've never tried it for such. Mplayer of course does; maybe it might be better to include in your upcoming video streaming work?

Btw, if those parameters are unnecessary, could you possibly tweak that Launchpad shortcut command I gave without them? I'm always happy to get help from a much more knowledgeable source than myself.

Last edited by inameiname; 05-13-2012 at 07:59 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote