View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by esskayel View Post
Hello,

I recently had to format my computer. I thought if I saved my entire Calibre Library folder, that importing them would save my preferences and ratings as they existed when I saved the folder. I do have all of my books, but all of my ratings and some of the metadata are missing. I did not realize until AFTER formatting that Calibre has an option to backup metadata for all books.

I suspect I'm screwed. At this point, is there a way to retrieve my ratings and preferences? Although it will be a major pain, I don't mind downloading metadata again, but it breaks my heart that I can't see which books I've already read and rated.

I apologize if this has already been addressed. I did do a search, but didn't find an answer to this.

Thanks in advance.
If you have copied your ENTIRE Library folder to a Backup, you have everything except custom preferences (and plugins).

Just copy the contents of the OLD Library FOLDER to a NEW (empty) FOLDER. Then Right click, the Library Icon and Switch Libraries to the new (recently filled ) folder.

The Backup function, forces the (re-)creation of the Metadata.OPF file within each folder. This is used to reconstruct the Library in event of a DB failure.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote