View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #13200
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I read the first of the Ed McBain books I bought on sale earlier this year, #5 in the series, Killer's Choice.

The introduction is a hilarious description of a conversation McBain had with his publisher about creating a hero for the series. McBain's solution was to introduce the "hero" Cotton Dawes, who has a pretty bad first day in this book.

The entertaining banter between the cops in these takes center stage for me, the crime is the backdrop. Twenty-nine more entertaining episodes should keep me going for the rest of the year.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote