Samsung Galaxy Note - the total package?
On a trip to London the other day I came upon Samsung's brand store in Stratford. Curiosity and some free time on my part got me to fool around with the Galaxy Note for about 15 minutes.
It was still running Honeycomb. As far as I could find out there weren't a whole lot of accessories available. I was sorely tempted to make a on-the-spur purchase. However, it only came with a UK plug which is only useful in the UK, so my cooler side prevailed. However, I have to admit that I'm intrigued. So hoping some members here already have some experience from it I hope to find out a few things.
1) How is it as a eReader? Kindle as well as ePub. Can you hold it in one hand and turn pages that way? Or will you need a free finger from the other hand?
2) As phone? It doesn't drop connection or create noise with less than stellar cellular connection?
3) As Notetaker? The function sure looked cool. What about in practical life? Is it something you use? Even after a month or two? Have you lost a stylus?
4) As value? It is fairly expensive, especially compared with an inexpensive 7" tablet. Do you feel it is worth the extra €200/£150/$250?
5) Anything else a potential buyer should think of? Is it upgradeable to ICS? Will you need to root it?