Originally Posted by junaid
Sorry for the irritating question.
In README of usbnet it is written
1) Copy the installer .bin to your Kindle's USB drive.
2) From the home screen, tap "Menu", choose "Settings"
3) In settings, tap "Menu" and choose "Update Your Kindle"
But my kindle is stuck on screen with tree and a boy due to which i cannot perform the second step
so what i did was
1) I copyied the install.bin to the kindle
2) I ran the Mfgtool in "Kindle main" mode
and i got the following error
"the update was not successful...
UPDATE ERROR: 3"
any suggestion on What should i try next ?
MfgTool does a "soft reboot" -- it does not change the bootmode var.
Using MfgTool to install a .bin file is like using a screwdriver to open a can of paint. Not its intended purpose, put it can do the job in a pinch.
In this case, the install process needs the bootmode set, so you should first go to fastboot and set bootmode to main, then use MfgTool to boot to main.