View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Touch and Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson7lim View Post
is there any way to buy ebooks from B&N if i'm outside the US? i reside in Singapore. if there is, how do i do it?
1. Register you B&N account with an US shipping and billing address. Any valid US address will work, just google something. The billing address is not checked, so your non-US credit card will work fine.

2. Install an US VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or AlwaysVPN ($8.50) on your PC.

3. To buy books using your PC first start the VPN. When the VPN is active go to the B&N website and buy your books/magazines/apps. Sync the library on your Nook to download the books to your Nook using Wifi.

4. If you have a NC or NT you can install the free Puffin browser app. This browser uses an US cloud, so within this browser you will have an US IP-address. If you go to the B&N website within this browser, you can buy books using your NC/NT.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote