Originally Posted by thomass
Here you go: how to use usbnetwork
Please search and read before asking a question and be more specific
There are plenty of such questions on this forum that's the reason of the "angry answers" to your's.
Sorry for the irritating question.
In README of usbnet it is written
1) Copy the installer .bin to your Kindle's USB drive.
2) From the home screen, tap "Menu", choose "Settings"
3) In settings, tap "Menu" and choose "Update Your Kindle"
But my kindle is stuck on screen with tree and a boy due to which i cannot perform the second step
so what i did was
1) I copyied the install.bin to the kindle
2) I ran the Mfgtool in "Kindle main" mode
and i got the following error
"the update was not successful...
UPDATE ERROR: 3"
any suggestion on What should i try next ?