View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
sheygetz
Connoisseur
sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.

Device: KPW G2 (coming up), PRS-T2, 8" tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
On the off-chance that this was a typo (since he appears to be a French speaker), ...
"Off-chance"?
Is that supposed to be tongue-in-cheek humour, certainly lost here?

That notwithstanding I strongly second the choice of a tablet, a 4:3 format would be preferable and, no, it doesn't have to have a fruit on it, nor the price-tag that goes with it.

On the tablet-is-bad-for-eyes subject, people stubbornly repeat what they themselves have read somewhere, but I haven't seen any conclusive proof. Please allow me to quote myself from another post:
"Easier-on-the-eyes is a much flogged horse. I once googled for 2 hours on the subject, but other than personal preferences I could not find a single scientist/ opthomologist (? or whatever they're called) who substantiated that. Personally--again-- I found the Kindle 4 darker than an actual paperback, and on a plane or train more often than not needed artificial lighting. I'd rather have it in the device then. It is though hard on your eyes, if you turn the tablet up to full luminosity in pitch black surroundings. Same for any computer screen, don't sit in complete darkness, always have some other light source than just the screen."

Hendrik
sheygetz is offline   Reply With Quote