View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #6
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
interestingly, acrobat 9 natively uses the PDF 1.7, adobe extension level 3, PDF spec.
which, incidentally, seems to be fully backwards compatible, and yet seems to yield PDFs (specifically of scanned/unOCRed text/books) that are up to 70% smaller than when encoded with acrobat 8.12
(Perhaps they've started saving black/white pictures in something more appropriate than 24-32bit colors? i don't know, all i know is that my ~4.5gb ebook collection last week became a 3.1gb one, while staying just as readable)
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote