View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #17
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
OK - looking at that I can see where it is failing. I can see it is going down a path that is specific to the case where you are using 64-bit Java and do not have the JAVA_HOME environment variable set. I suspect it is a quoting problem somewhere (although I cannot yet see why!). It is also not clear why others running 64-bit Java on Windows are not seeing the same problem (unless they are and have not yet reported it). The strange thing is I did not think that specific path had changed from the 3.0 release although it must have I guess.

My suggestion is that as a temporary fix you insert lines at the top of the rungui.cmd file that read
Code:
START "Calibre2Opds" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6" -Xms128m -Xmx512m -cp OpdsOutput-3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar Gui
exit
That will supersed the rest of the file that tries to derive the correct parameters for your system by hard-coding them.

I will see if I can pin down the problem, and then give you an updated rungui.cmd file so you can check I have got the fix right for future releases. I do not have a 64-bit sytem of my own so have to rely on others reporting and testing issues that they throw up.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote