View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by injapan View Post
I have just bought the new iPad and are thinking about covers etc for it. I would be very interested in what you others think (ESP people who have had an iPad for a while) about whether to get a cover for the screen (see though cover)
I have heard that its not necessary. I would appreciate your opinion

I suppose what I am asking is, just how strong, hard is the iPad screen? Is it easy to scratch?
Thanks very much
Dropping your IPad and cracking the screen is not an experience you want to have, especiall for the amount of money you've spent buying one! Regardless of what others may say, do you really want to take that chance?

I think its foolish to use a cheap-o cover, spending a little extra is well worth the money here.

I invested in an Oberon,

http://www.oberondesign.com/iPad.php

and have dropped mine twice now, granted not long distances, but still.........protection is there....they are made so that there is a small border around the entire IPad giving extra protection. Its a small American owned company, with excellent customer service.

I dearly love the "smart" cover..........but it won't protect the device if dropped.

As for the screen, forget the silly "screen protectors".......I use these. Cheap, easily tucks into pocked of covers, and works great. No liquid needed.

http://www.amazon.com/MagicFiber-Goj...6630440&sr=8-2
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote