View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #187
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
NiLuJe's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,643
Karma: 4440239
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Paris, France
Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@ixtab: Yep, it works essentially the same as before (OTA V1), in that it matches the device code found in the header with the one of the device (which, incidentally, has so far been visible as the beginning of the S/N), except we can now put more than one device id in OTA V2 headers. (We control what we write in there with the -d flag in kindletool, and the --${model} flag in the python tool). [AFAICT, the validation is done on the touch with the whole otacheck/libotacheck stuff].

So, at least now we have confirmation that there *are* B010 KT in the wild, but I don't know what the B012 mentionned in the 5.1.0 update are... Another Intl. sim card? A prototype? .

On the libarchive front, you have a couple of solutions:

1/ Backport it 'the right way' via your distribution PMS.
2/ Build it manually, and put the headers (archive.h / archive_entry.h) in an includes folder (KindleTool/KindleTool/includes), and the static lib (libarchive.a) in the lib folder (KindleTool/KindleTool/lib), the makefile should pick that one up instead of the system's.
3/ I build a fully static version and hope for the best that it'll run mostly everywhere.

I guess the 'build it manually' solution might be the easier to implement, especially if you don't want to mess with your package manager (and/or if a backport package isn't available/a pita to build).

In the meantime, since it can't hurt, I can build a static version if you don't want to bother with all that, it shouldn't take much time .

(Because, yeah, unfortunately, I kinda need the stuff from the libarchive 3 API, I didn't think it was *that* new, sorry ^^)

EDIT: First attempt at a static binary! This one *should* work on every x86/i686 Linux box out there, provided it's at least running kernel 2.6.39, glibc-2.6 and openssl-1 (I only statically linked libarchive to save some space, and, err, because I simply don't have anything built statically on my system ). If openssl-1 is too recent, I'll build another one against 0.9.8.

EDITē:
Here goes... openssl-0.9.8, glibc-2.6.

EDIT^3: The binaries have moved to KindleTool's new home .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-13-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Moved
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote