View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #29
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Thanks all for responding. I might keep my "Christian Filter" on for the moment then. Just to be clear, I'm not averse at all to reading books about Christians (Ben Hur, The Robe) or even books that have Christian themes (Narnia series) necessarily. I have a similar opinion about books involving other religions.

My question is more related to books which are clearly labelled Christian fiction as a genre.

I have other filters (Romance, Paranormal Romance and Erotica), but do turn them off for specific reasons on occasion. I would not have a problem with relaxing a filter on Christian fiction for similar reasons - strong recommendations from respected acquaintances being the most obvious example.
This is good reasoning. I, too, would be interested in reading some Christian Fiction if I could get some solid recommendations as to good books in the genre! Kind of like someone recommending The Hobbit to a friend new to Fantasy.

Pretty much every aforementioned book -- Narnia, Ben Hur, Quo Vadis -- don't sit solely in the "Christian Fiction" genre. They're famed works of fantasy and historical fiction, and would easily be found even if you were filtering Christian Fiction. Another example that comes to mind is The Bronze Bow, which is Newberry winner for Young Adult fiction, and AFAIK was never marketed as explicitly "Christian Fiction."

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote