View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #11
pwr
pwr plays well with otherspwr plays well with otherspwr plays well with otherspwr plays well with otherspwr plays well with otherspwr plays well with otherspwr plays well with otherspwr plays well with otherspwr plays well with otherspwr plays well with otherspwr plays well with others

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
/proc/usid exists,
/var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.framework/ServerConfig doesnt,
/opt/amazon/ebook/config/ServerConfig.conf does,
/var/local/java/prefs/certs/client.p12 does,
/usr/java/lib/security/cacerts does,
/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt does
Hey,

Thanks for the info.

ServerConfig missing in /var/local is a bit funny, at least on my Kindle 4 there's always something there, even before messing with it. But I've done a bit of digging on the 'net and I think it's no problem, the Kindle 3 framework still uses the file if it exists. So I've updated the main deployment script (RUNME.sh) to work even if the file is not found.

Other than that, things look to be working close enough to the Kindle 4 from what I can tell (I've managed to have a look into the java implementation as well). I've already found a default ServerConfig.conf for Kindle 3, and it looks almost the same as the one in Kindle 4.

So I guess you could give it a try installing the KSP config on your Kindle 3. The main script is RUNME.sh in tools/kindle4nt/ksp-config/. You will have to copy it to the device (preferably to /mnt/us/), modify it a bit (the SERVER_URL= line), and run it from a SSH console:

Code:
./RUNME.sh 2>&1 | tee RUNME.log
If you've configured KSP to run over HTTPS, it will look for and launch the get_certificates.sh and keytool.sh scripts, so you need them on the device as well.

If you want to be extra careful about it (and have a lot of patience), you could probably copy and run each line from the scripts, one by one, and check the results after each one. Or you could just add a second line to each script, "set -v", which will log each and every line before running it -- the resulting log file would be very informative.

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it especially after you've already bricked your Kindle once .

Cheers,
-pwr
pwr is offline   Reply With Quote