View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #13
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
This will probably horrify most of you but my favourite pizzas are the ones my husband's golf club makes. Banana or strawberry. Or you can request half banana and half strawberry.
I'm now living in Rhode Island, which is where "grilled pizza" was invented (at least in the States). It's actually pretty good. The owners of the Al Forno restaurant added it to their menu about 30 years ago, and it became pretty popular up here. A place called Bob & Timmy's is one of the better grilled pizza places, and they have a dessert grilled pizza that has berries (blueberries, raspberries & strawberries) with whipped cream cheese that is drizzled with a strawberry sauce. It's not what I would call "real" pizza, but it is really good.

Rhode Island also has a huge Italian population that still makes pizza like they did back in the old country (probably Sicily). It is absolutely nasty. It is often made in local bakeries, and is just a thick slab of bread with tomato sauce. They might grate a little cheese on top, but don't count on it. It is also almost always served cold. The locals rave about their "pizza strips" but it is just gross.

One of Rhode Island's most popular pizzeria's is Caserta's. Their pizza is about an inch thick and baked in a big square aluminum sheet -- just like pizza your grammar school served you. If you like the pizza you got back in school, you'd love this stuff. I'm not a big fan -- maybe I should eat it with one of those little cartons of milk.

Last edited by Daithi; 05-04-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote