View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #25
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
The pattern is slightly annoying in VERY SPECIFIC lighting conditions, holding a at just the wrong angle. Usually it is not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit71 View Post

I bought a Kobo and installed the Kindle font on it and I am satisfied for now. That is my other criticism, how come Amazon realises that an e-ink screen needs very thick fonts but other ereader companies don't?
Did you even try the emboldened text feature?

Quote:
Even the guy from e-ink says you can't put anything in front of the screen without degrading the quality of the text.
I thought E-ink claimed that putting a colour layer over top did not have significant problems. Now I do realize that triton DOES seem to have problems, but that is not what e-ink claims.
[/QUOTE]
Quote:
The same goes for those lighted screens (such as on the new Nook) via an extra layer, they state it has a built in "anti-glare" screen but in reality that is the compulsory layer added to light the screen, but the clarity of the text will be worse.
That's not what the reviews say.
Quote:
I don't see people reading books with a layer of plastic across the screen.
What kind of a comparison is that? Books don't even have screens.

Quote:

I returned my Odyssey for a refund before the USB port snapped off (Design error no. 3 I guess).
How do you know the USB port snapped off if you returned it? I guess you read that a few people had this problem and assumed everyone did?

That all being said, I do agree that it would be nicer if they had used the IR touch screen.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote