Thread: KF8 Output
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #65
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Kovid, one question -

I just installed calibre .50 and converted some of my created ePubs into azw3 (KF8) files and pushed them onto a Kindle Touch. When opening the files and comparing them to their mobi equivalents two things became apparent.

- The linespacing options on the Kindle Touch show different line spacing results. While on a mobi file the line spacing options are more closely together, on the azw3 they are further apart witch allows for bigger line spacing (wo modifying the src) altogether which is somewhat appealing. You thoughts on the metter of differing line spacing? Its the Kindles interpreter thats responsible i reckon? Not some css line?

- Alltogether not appealing ist the second one. On mobi files when you formated a text with justify, there is a maximum length that a space between words would not exceed. If the specific line therefore would not be long enough to fill the entire width, there would be a little gap on the right side of the page - but more important the spaces would not be stretched to a point where it would distract fom the reading process. With azw3 files this is gone altogether. Lines are always stretched to fit the width, when justify formating is applied. Again. The Kindles interpreter, or something that could be influenced by css? And if so - how,

I would really like to disable this behaviour for azw3 files - at least if I decide to. This only becomes a problem, because the Kindle still doesn't support hyphenation in any form (probably because of the language specific rules).

Last edited by notimp; 05-04-2012 at 06:11 PM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote