View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #20
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit71 View Post
I bought an Odyssey recently and immediately realised the screen was unacceptable. The reason it is darker and has less contrast is because they have put a capacitive layer over the e-ink screen rather than an infra-red touch interface that all other manufacturers use.

Think about it, light has to pass through the plastic for the capacitive layer, bounce off the e-ink screen (that itself has a plastic layer on top) and pass through the capacitive layer for a 2nd time. Don't know if mine was a new version but it had a button on the bottom that was not recessed so I kept accidentally switching it off as I held it.

Bookeen made a mistake choosing the Sipix screen for their last ereader and they made a mistake this time choosing a capacitive touch interface. It is all rather sad because I liked almost everything else about the Odyssey, very cool case design.

I bought a Kobo and installed the Kindle font on it and I am satisfied for now. That is my other criticism, how come Amazon realises that an e-ink screen needs very thick fonts but other ereader companies don't?

Can't believe Bookeen are making really obvious mistakes with the hardware design. If they change the interface to infra-red then I'll be buying one.
What the hell ??
Having both T1 and odyssey, there is a slight differance, but it's not that noticable.
And while the orizon was sPix the odyssey is pearl...

http://lecoinlecture.net/wp-content/...2/img_0007.jpg
Kindle and kobo are the same as T1..

Check your facts before bashing...
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote