View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
mattst
Enthusiast
mattst began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problem with CSS.

Hi,

I have a problem with the CSS I've used in creating MOBI files. Some of the CSS works fine, some does not. Also the different programs that I've used to create the MOBI files behave differently with regards to which CSS works and which does not.

The programs I've used are: Kindlegen v.2.4, MobiPocket Creator v.4.2, and html2mobi which is part of MobiPerl v.0.0.43. I've used Kindle Previewer v.2.4 and Calibre v.2.8.27 to view the compiled test files.

I'm really not sure how I should be formatting the book if CSS is unavailable. For example the book has some poetry in it, which has different horizontal starting positions for some lines (I.E. some lines of text are much further indented than others). Also there are a few long quotations which need to be formatted in a special paragraph which is, say, 25% narrower that usual.

Appendix 11.2 in the AmazonKindlePublishingGuidelines.pdf guide is supposed to show what CSS is supported. But much of the CSS it says is not supported, EG. 'margin', seems to work just fine.

All advise would be very welcome. Many thanks.
mattst is offline   Reply With Quote