View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
It seems according to this article that Americans, at least, have the TV on all the time no matter what they are doing, even reading a book.
True enough in my house. I don't actually like the TV on when I'm reading (or working, or doing anything that requires true attention), but my wife does. I guess it's sort of like a white noise generator for her.*

We do like it on as background when we are relaxing or doing housework or such, even if we are not paying attention to the show.

And I freely admit, I like TV and movies as much as I like books. Video walls in every room have always been a dream of mine, in spite of the negative connotations the literary snobs always put on such things when they write about them.
(I remember reading about the video walls in "Fahrenheit 451" and thinking..."But...But...he's talking about them like they are BAD thing! ")

ApK

*She like the TV on even when she is listening to an audiobook on headphones...I don't get that all.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote