View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #5
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Second, Apple’s real play will be content sales, not TV hardware profits. As I noted last September, the typical U.S. consumer still watches 5 hours and 9 minutes of television a day, but only about 18 cable channels out of the 130 received by the average home. There is huge bloat in what we subscribe to, and we pay cable companies about $74 billion annually for this privilege. Add the $70 billion in TV ad spending, and Apple could grab a slice of a $144 billion video market if it could convince us there’s a better way to stream moving images.
This is what always pi$$ed me off the most about my cable bill in the US, paying for channels I didn't watch. Its the same here in Belgium.

The first cable company that lets me customize my channel line-up and charges me solely for the channels I want to watch will get my money. But its not just about $, if I only watch 20 or so channels it would be nice if I didn't have to flip through 300 others with celebrity news, political propaganda, and shopping networks, etc...

Not just content on demand (which is nice, if its affordable), but let me control what individual channels I receive on my own damn TV.
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote