View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk72 View Post
fastboot.exe flash diags mmcblk0p2.img
fastboot.exe setvar bootmode diags
fastboot.exe reboot
Then the .
http://p13.freep.cn/p.aspx?u=v20_p13...04547359_0.jpg
That is the "kindle tree" screen shown at 600x800 instead of 608x800 (normal for starting diags) but it should not hang here (unless the battery is discharged).

WHY did you flash the diags partition on a K4? It has fastboot built into the FACTORY diags partition. The diags with SSH you can download is for the K5 (touch), which is why it is hanging when starting diags. Now you need to flash a diags partition for a K4...

I had two kindle 4's in that condition. What I discovered was that leaving a kindle in diagnostics mode will drain the battery so low it will not reboot past the "twisted kindle tree" screen. I was ONLY able to recharge them in fastboot mode.

Try using MfgTool to go to fastboot mode and just leave them there for several hours, then try flash a K4 diags partition to it...

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-03-2012 at 09:39 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote