I've been reading the forum for quite a while now. But the time to buy a reader has come. Probably within 1 or 2 months the purchase will be made. Since i can't play with any reader (don't have it available in stores), i need to read/ask about your experiences.
I live in Portugal, so an "international reader" is required. I have many ebooks bought at Amazon (freebies) and some epubs (books i bought at a portuguese publisher); i've read many threads, downloaded Calibre and visited Apprentice Alf. So the format isn't important to me. Price won't be a dealbreaker (for the 3 models listed on the title), because there's little difference between them (from 5 to 10 euros).
What i am looking for:
- A reliable device - I am aware that problems can occur in any machine, but i wonder if they appear more in one device than the others.
- Good support - this is linked to the above. It is important because i won't be able to leave it in a store and have it solve things with the repair company for me or have a place to go and make a complaint if necessary. I've read that the Kindle support is very good (since firmware updates to exchange of defective unit); Sony not so much; Pocketbook seemed ok, but would love to hear more about it. Note: didn't like the way Sony handled the first complaints about the T1; too much time to respond.
- Reasonably fast processor.
- Not too complicated to operate.
- Dictionaries - en-en and with the possibility to add more. I don't know if any of the devices has a En-Pt dictionary.
- Would prefer a reader with turning page buttons, but if the Kindle proves to be worthy, i'll let it pass.
a) Would i be able to download books from Dropbox with the Pocketbook 622?
b) How stable is the Sony now? Are there issues unadressed by Sony? If so, which?
c) Are there major issues with the Kindle Touch? Does the touch feature work well?
d) for the Pocketbook 622 users: are there problems with the device?
If anyone has tested 2 or even the three readers in my list, please let me know what's your favourite. I tried to read about the PB, but the majority of the info is in german. I used google translator, but couldn't understand much. There are videos in Youtube that helped me but they were russian or ukranian...
Thank's in advance!