View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
* suspend (okay this needs a bit of work, but's it not that hard. IMHO all you need to do is to turn of the onboard clock generator, and have any key also make an interrupt to turn it on again, no need to safe to disk, only the RAM and the cpu without clock take AFAIK hardly much current)
It's been stated by iRex that the iLiad's hardware isn't capable of being suspended. I.e. the CPU simply doesn't have a power state that halts it completely and can only be downclocked (which is what it does now, to a degree).

A few people suggested some hibernate-like schemes, but i doubt we'll ever see that either.

Regarding OP, i don't see how either LBook V3 (as described) or Jinke compete with iLiad - they have completely different target audiences and are intended for completely different tasks (i.e. book reading vs. general document reading + annotating). Also, except for the folder support, i don't see how LBook V3 is any different than Sony's Reader (again, as described in the post).

Last edited by orcinus; 06-29-2008 at 05:00 PM.
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote