View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
"I tried rooting mine, then rolled back to the factory version. Rooting was just ok for me, didn't add a lot of great new functionality or anything.

I can easily do everything I need to do by just running apps made for the Fire or sideloading. And that way, it's still covered under the warranty!"
My sentiments exactly Sir!
I am running 84 Native android apps all Sideloaded via USB.
The beauty of the 7 inch form factor is that nearly all apps,games & utilities made for the high end android phones will scale up perfectly on the Fire
So I have no need for a "Tablet" or "Kindle fire version" of anything.

I keep hearing that rooting will "open up so much more access" for your device yet I have yet to see what all this new "access" is doing for people in general.

For me GoLauncher Ex with themes &Rotating wallpaper has made the ugly,giant Amazon carousel motif a distant memory for me.

My device interface looks as good as any android tablet.
The last firmware update they sneaked in on me, did not cause a single issue for me.

My third party "moboplayer" plays many native video formats and is much better than playing my side loaded video in Stock the "gallery"app that would required converting to Mpeg4 beforehand.

My third party book readers Aldiko& Cool reader enable me to read both .mobi& epub making the actual kindle reader app Moot.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote