View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #116
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
well to be honest most adults in the Usa read below YA level anyway.
"To be honest" where are you getting your statistics for "most" and your definition for "YA level?"

This sounds like just the kind of insulting attitude this thread is complaining about in the article.

Be more concerned with the 20% of adults worldwide who are illiterate rather than bashing "most" of the people in a country with a very high literacy rate and a huge book-reading market.

BTW, I didn't read past the first page of this thread, so forgive me if it's been addressed, but in reading the quotes fromt he NYT article...c'mon...surely he's joking.

Last edited by ApK; 05-02-2012 at 01:28 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote