View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #219
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thats an old behaviour (not new to this release). I've always been in two minds about it.

The thing is, when the user clicks OK they are saying they want to go ahead and generate with the current setting. That is not "necessarily" the same thing as saying they want that setting saved - after all they may be experimenting just to see what it looks like when made larger etc. So either:
- I don't have a prompt and it *is* treated as a Save at the same time, or
- I do have a prompt and the user has to make another decision click right then.

Right now it supports a user experimenting without committing to save, and continuing to experiment without having to start again. But perhaps I am just being too flexible. Users could just click on the Add button and have an "Experimental" setting that they use for playing with.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote