View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #74
tvuongpham
Zealot
tvuongpham has a spectacular aura abouttvuongpham has a spectacular aura abouttvuongpham has a spectacular aura abouttvuongpham has a spectacular aura abouttvuongpham has a spectacular aura abouttvuongpham has a spectacular aura abouttvuongpham has a spectacular aura abouttvuongpham has a spectacular aura abouttvuongpham has a spectacular aura abouttvuongpham has a spectacular aura abouttvuongpham has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-T1, PRS 350, iPad Mini,iPAD1/2 (sold) --(SOLD)Sony PRS 600 Touch ,
YA novels..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post

That said, I wouldn't be caught dead reading Twilight.
Ditto.

YA novels aren't super complex in presentation but topics aren't necessarily watered down.

I read HP, and Hunger Games Trilogy. Good reads complex ideas engagingly presented -not too complex method.

I am sure I had a different experience than my 10 yo daughter who blazed through the HP and HG series. She is an advanced reader and it is a challenge to find age appropriate books for here.

Point being the topics of the novels are important. Look at Animal Farm, very simple book on the outside.. very deep disturbing, complex theme/message on the inside.

What about Lord of the Flies? The Hobbit?

HG isn't a tween romance novel, so not easy to dismiss. haha

HP has been heavily criticized for its simplistic writing and language structure.. I think that just conveys both the writer's style and voice.

I dunno. Read what you like as long as you are reading.. How many "adults" read something other than a newspaper or magazine lately??
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote