View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin Peach View Post
I am having the same prob. the power light is green at the top and I've had it plugged in all day. figured it had to be done so unplugged from the cable then removed the cable from the pc and noticed it was still showing connected and charging. I have done all the things listed (holding buttons etc) and it still has the same window. it is not showing as fully charged, but AFTER the entire day? I;d say I have a prob. can anyone help? I do not want to send it back to the factory for a reset? have lots of books on it but? don't want to lose the kobo either. Am in the Dominican Republic (so not home) we are here 6 mons of the yr and in 2wks we head back home. The reader was purchased in Sept. 2011 not used much. so I'm sad this has happened. HOPE someone can help me.
First try a soft reset by pushing a pin in the hole on the back of the Kobo (in the middle at the bottom). If that doesn't work, try the factory reset listed above. It's something you can do yourself, you don't have to send it to the factory to have it done. All it means is that it resets the reader back to its factory settings. You will need to reload all your books after you do this.

FACTORY RESET: hold power button ON for 10-15 seconds then release it. Press and hold home button. Turn Kobo ON normally while holding the home button down.
robko is online now   Reply With Quote