View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #13032
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I recently finished Speed Dating with the Dead by Scott Nicholson. It was fun, but I think Nicholson creates a ride rather than a story in this one.

I also just finished The Final Solution by Michael Chabon. I've never read a Sherlock Holmes before so I don't know whether this was a good or bad portrayal of the famous sleuth. However, I really enjoyed a take on a Holmes that had retired and grown old. It's a very short story (about 130 pages), and I think it's been written to give us a peak at the legend in his later years.

I'm now just reading a few short stories and will be starting Kraken by China Mieville. Although he's my favourite author, I tend to practice the fine art of delayed gratification with his books.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote