Originally Posted by InsulinJunkie72
When reading the file on the Touch, you do need to go into the font/Aa menu and enable the "Use Publisher's Fonts" setting (paraphrasing from memory).
Embedded fonts work with my store-bought EPUBs that I converted with Kindle Previewer and use on my Touch (I've found trying to strip the generated MOBI often has a tendency to screw up the embedded fonts, though).
Oh... I had no idea you had to do that, had never seen the option. Problem solved
That brings, however, its own problem. The file has no styling whatsoever (other than the font-family for some small passages, but when I enable "publisher's fonts" all of the text changes from my default serif, to sans-serif. Not really problematic, only, very strange behavior.