View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #18
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Anyone who is saying that one e-reader is superior to another is using a subjective measure. They all have the same scree. All the Touches are using the same infrared touch pad technology. They tend to have the same basic features.

I get that people have strong preferences, I love my Kindle, but I do not think that my Kindle is superior to the T1 or the Nook. I like the ease of using the Kindle, I love the bookstore and the ease of getting books to my Kindle, and I love Kindle Customer Service. I love that my Mother bought me a book as a gift using her Kindle and then returned it when she remembered that we shared a Kindle account and I pay for all of her books. (in essence, I was paying for my gift). There was no hassle for her to do so, she did it from her device, that is great customer service.

That said, the T1 is suppose to be dandy. It lacks some features that the Kindle (test to speech) has but the Kindle lacks some of the features the T1 has (collections are easier on the T1). The Nook has many a fan but it has segregated memory, which is flat out stupid and should not exist even with a workaround, and lacks speakers so you cannot use it for audio books.

I get that Nook and Sony lovers are very protective and love to sell their e-readers. Many even feel as if they have to because they fear Amazon domination. But any of the three major brands will work well for just about every e-reader user out there. One might feel better to someone but that is subjective.

The Kobo still seems to have some bugs and still seems to not have quite the same package of basic features as the Kindle, Nook, and Sony but is still well liked.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote