View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #23
nursedude
Zealot
nursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo (Original), KT, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen
After responding to an earlier offer in this thread for a free cover I found myself the lucky recipient of a luxe model iPad cover (in black).

The cover was shipped quickly and took less than two weeks to arrive in Canada. Since getting mail sent from across town where I live can take a week I figure that's pretty fast.

Initial impressions of this cover are very good. It covers both the front of the device and back of the iPad.

The front consist of a semi-rigid "smart cover" similar to the ones you see from Apple but the back of your iPad is protected by a high impact plastic, formfitting, integrated back cover. The interior of the Luxe is a soft microfibre type material that protects the device and keeps it clean.

The quality is great and the functionality superb. Does a very good job in protecting the case without adding a lot of bulk. The magnetic on/off works as it should and the variety of positons supported for typing and viewing makes this a versatile cover indeed.

My previous cover was a Targus VersaVu that I bought at the same time as my iPad. A nice case but added a lot of bulk which made it really "fidgity" when holding to read etc.

The Gecko cover provides the same protection but is a lot easier to hold.

I'm very happy with the cover. We're planning to upgrade my 1st generation iPad in a few weeks and will probably buy a Gecko cover for it.

http://www.geckocovers.com/apple-ipa...luxe-p-87.html
nursedude is offline   Reply With Quote