View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #27
drauger
Enthusiast
drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kindle4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I noticed the hanging (and even bricking) when booting from main (and even worse on the K5(touch)) and then doing wget or gcc. That is why I booted from diags to run optware (much more free memory).
From optware I use only openssh, nano, rsync and sometimes mc, so, I don't really need a lot of free memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Again -- on K4, you have a lot more you can do (with better graphics too) when you boot diags instead of main.
The problem is that along with "hacking" I stiil use my kindle for reading (surprize!). And, while there is still no any terminal working on K4, I don't like much all these rebooting procedures.

By the way, besides using better eink drivers, what else can I find in diags compared to main + optware?
drauger is offline   Reply With Quote