View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Selling ebooks in bookshops

Do many bookshops also sell ebooks?

I'm a compulsive bookshop browser, and much prefer paying cash over the counter than the rigmarole of passwords, credit card numbers and other tedious digital aggravation.

I'd like to be able to stroll into my bookshop, buy the latest book as a hardback, or a paperback, or an ebook according to my choice, (I use all three formats), and pay over the counter with real money.

To get an ebook, I guess I'd have to take my reader in with me and have it loaded over the counter. Either that or on a thumb drive.

If booksops want to stay in business, it seems to me that they'd be pursuing this approach vigorously. But are they?
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote