View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn69 View Post
Thanks taming...yes I got that email from from kobo...i replied and they want me to send my kobo to the netherlands....its gonna cost a bloody fortune..32 (50 CAD) ...unbelievable. gonna try and get a replacement from my retailer first.
I've seen lots of complaints about kobo customer service, but I have to say they've been very quick. 1 freephone call from me, email with 10 questions within 10 mins, i replied within 10 mins, email asking me to send it to the netherlands later the same day. no complaints here
I'm guessing that it makes a whole lot of sense for folks who have to send their devices a long way away to buy the amped up insurance, if it is available outside of the US and Canada. I don't think it was an option when I bought my Touch last June.

Glad it worked out well for you. Chapters stores in Canada (at least some of them) routinely accepted devices within a year, even though they did not have to more than 30 days out. Now, following the sale of Kobo, my Chapters store doesn't do that, and I no longer shop at Chapters.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote