View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #53
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
To make any claims either way would first require defining some useful metric of what “closer voting” is, and why that metric leads to better selection. Then would come the effort to establish a statistically significant demonstration as to which leads to a better result for that metric, hidden voting or open voting. Looking at the few months available I seriously doubt the results would support either conclusion. Right now people are just seeing what they want to see in support of the option that they prefer.
You lost me at "statistically significant demonstration". Mathz r hard.

Quote:
It hardly matters anyway since in the end when the issue is revisited the decision will be by a combination of a poll and WTSharpe's preferences.
You forgot bribes.

Sorry, I'm rather amused by all the quibbling that goes on. Is this new or ongoing?
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote