Thread: bash for kindle
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #18
idoit
Plus
idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2 3G, iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
And by all means, restore the original /bin/bash symlink. The /mnt/us is not necessarily up and running from reboot on (but the root file system should be), so you have a symlink pointing to nowhere at boot, breaking all system scripts that use /bin/bash.
Thanks hawhill. You taught me something today. And obviously thanks geekmaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
If I am not mistaken, the easiest approach is to use "#!/usr/bin/env bash" and set an appropriate PATH. That will leave scripts compatible on many platforms.
Well if I want to change my PATH, I'd suppose I have to add the path at the beginning, eg. like this:
Code:
/mnt/us/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
And by doing this, at boot time bash will kick in instead of busybox. And your proposed problem will still exist. Am I wrong?

EDIT: I'm asking because I don't want to do any harm to my only Kindle again.

Last edited by idoit; 04-24-2012 at 04:27 PM.
idoit is offline   Reply With Quote