View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin v3, iPad, Kindle 4NT
With the exception of some too good to refuse offers, I've avoided buying DRM'd books which has meant I've been making do mostly with freebies and Baen, always nice to be able to add another potential source of books

The reason I want ebooks to go DRM free is that it removes the need for A.Alf to keep his scripts up to date, if he ever stops and nobody else steps up, we're stuck. Also, it makes it much simpler to recommend people buy a given reader because it's better hardware or has better value added features along with instructions on how to convert books from other stores. A better situation than, "all your current books are from XYZ, so although this reader would suit you better, you'll either have to free your books or buy another reader from XYZ".
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote