View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #19
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
I don't really mind the tweet/rating request, whilst it's obviously to help Amazon gain more sales.....

Still, I think the original poster should have the option to turn off the reminder if they don't want it.
Ultimately the good folks at Amazon look at the Kindle as a revenue stream, and they are going to do what it takes to maintain and/or grow that revenue stream. If they give customers the option to turn off some forms of marketing/advertising, which is what this is, then they are going to make up that revenue somewhere else. Personally I can tolerate this benign marketing if it means cheaper readers and/or media.
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote