Thread: Buy Sony PRS-950
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
Braveheart
Braveheart began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2 (may replace my Sony!)
Yes - these are in short supply - you would think Sony might have someone monitoring social media to notice that there is huge pent up demand for them!

I had one, and managed to kill it (broke the screen) - one of the saddest days of my life!

I originally had to purchase mine through a forwarding service in the US (as Sony was not selling in Australia). Ended up costing me around US$300 - but worth it.

I think the slightly larger screen format was the key thing for me - the form factor just seemed right - and the metal case was also much nicer than the newer plastic ones...handled epubs and pdfs pretty well.

The only slight annoyance I had was that it used to list collections spearately for the main memory and the memory card, but apart from that was everything I was looking for in the reader.... (not sure if this little 'glitch' has been 'fixed' on the TS1 - anyone know...?)

Anyway, you may need to go up to around $300 for this device as they are thin on the ground....

If you do get one, get a good case for it - and never, never, never leave it out of the case when you are not reading it!!

Good Luck

Last edited by Braveheart; 04-19-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: typos!
Braveheart is offline   Reply With Quote