Version 1.1 of tcc works great on the K3, but on the K5(touch) it has a problem parsing one of the new load library scripts.
# cat /usr/lib/libc.so
/* GNU ld script
Use the shared library, but some functions are only in
the static library, so try that secondarily. */
GROUP ( /lib/libc.so.6 /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a AS_NEEDED ( /lib/ld-linux.so.3 ) )
Part of the problem is that although the /usr/lib/libc.so loader script included in newer kindles says to load libc_nonshared.a, that file does not actually exist on the kindle, so when you comiple with tcc on a newer kindle, it fails with this error message:
tcc: file '/usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a' not found
So, I just solved this problem by bind-mounting a stripped-down libc.so script file that tcc knows how to parse. I added the script to the /mnt/us/tcc directory, and I added the mount and umount statements to the tccmake script. It works great.
I packaged that up into a v1.3 download package, available at the first post in this thread. This new version should work on all the kindles.