Replacing a Kindle keyboard
I'm afraid my thread will echo a few recent topics but I suspect that the proper procedure would be to create my own.
A couple of days ago, a stain-like area of what look like dead pixels suddenly appeared on my Kindle keyboard's screen, of course just when my warranty ran out. Being both quite disappointed and a bit excited at this excuse to buy a new ereader, I think it might be time to buy something that reads epub.
What I'm looking for is pretty much a Kindle, but not a Kindle. In other words:
- something that has [side] buttons for page turning (completely non-touch is not a problem)
- good at reading pdfs (the Kindle was a huge failure in that regard, and those manga aint gonna read themselves)
- epub-compatible (converting everything was fun the first 6 months)
- reasonnably customizable/jailbreakable (everything needs moar fonts)
- rather optional: ability to take notes in a practical manner
- good battery is always a plus
Thanks a lot for your advice!