View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
Antoine of MMM
Mobile Ministry Magazine
Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nokia N75/N800 Internet Tablet
Read that article, and in some ways I agree with it. Though in my experience, people have to be trained to think of handhelds that way just as much as handhelds have to be supported. IT deptartments do not yet understand handhelds (but they do with BBs since they are basically so simple). Also, its much harder to regulate handhelds unless some sort of enterprise lock-down software is placed on them that would prevent the sharing of company sensitive data (or the deleting of it when the person loses the handheld). I think those issues are best served when cellular enabled handhelds are used. As then they could be admin-ed from a distance.

There was a product called BlueDock that was supposed to enable making one's PDA their main computer. I wonder what happened to them in light of this report?
Antoine of MMM is offline   Reply With Quote