View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #181
A-I
A-I began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by turambar View Post
Well, I have my kindle working again! Replacing mmcblk0p1 and clearing of mmcblk0p3 did it.
Thanks to geekmaster and his great debricking posts!
That's great! I am more of a novice at KT tinkering, and I'm having problems getting the dropbear to show up on Windows7. Here are my steps so far following the instructions from
simple kindle touch (and k4nt) debricking method and
Select Boot for K4 and Touch (and diags RUNME.sh)

1) I've downloaded the KindleSelectBoot (MfgTool) and mmcblkOp1-kt-5.0.0.img (~350Mb) files.
2) Hooked up my KT to my Windows7 PC, and placed the KT into recovery mode with the MfgTool (Kindle diags)
3) Then on the KT, System Diags-->U) USB device mode. And on Windows7 opened the Kindle (J: ) drive window.
4) Copied over the mmcblkOp1-kt-5.0.0.img to the Kindle (J: ) drive.
5) On the KT, selected Q) to continue, which closes the Kindle (J: ) drive.
6) On the KT System Diags-->N)-->U)-->Z)-->X), which gets me nothing. KT is back at the U) Utilities screen, and nothing popped up on Windows.

7) I open back up the Kindle (J: ) drive and the mmcblkOp1-kt-5.0.0.img file is still there, but there is also the USBnet.xml file.
8) I select X)Exit-->X)Exit-->X)Exit to get back to the top of the System Diags menu
9) I then select D)Exit,Reboot,orDisableDiags-->R)RebootSystem-->Q)To continue. And get nothing.

The KT screen is locked at the System Diags menu again, and I can still go back to the diagnostic USB recovery mode by doing the PowerKey->MagicKey->releasePowerKey->releaseMagiceKey.

10) I then select S)DeviceSetting-->Q)to reboot, the KT reboots. But nothing still.

11) I then Stop the MfgTool and reselected the profile to "Kindle fastboot" , PowerKey->MagicKey->releasePowerKey->releaseMagiceKey, and then select Start on the MfgTool (in Kindle fastboot). Nothing still.

Am I missing a step or doing something wrong?
I have to file my tax return now, but I will try other steps and respond.
Thanks in advance for any response for my call for help.
A-I is offline   Reply With Quote