View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 09:40 AM   #23
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
To those of us who are perfectly comfortable reading e-books on PDAs, I'd say the iPhone has the potential to be a great e-book reader.
I tend to agree. I don't think I could read books on such a device, but I can see the potential for others.

So, I answered "Yes", but in response to the poll question, "Could the iPhone serve as a whiz-bang e-reader?". If the question was as per the thread title ("Could Apple's iPhone smoke the Kindle?") my answer would probably be "No" as I do not think that the iPhone being used that way would eat significantly into Kindle sales (that is, I suspect people who buy the Kindle are mostly buying it for its dedicated function, and don't necessarily want their phone to do the same thing). It's supposition on my part though.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is online now   Reply With Quote