Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #242
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Hi all! Terrible sorry for the long wait (and for not keeping you updated). After I solved the aforementioned lack-of-computer problem, it turned out my development environment was broken, and I had a hard time finding the time to fix everything.

Here is a "preview" of the Reader in its current state. It is not uploaded to the usual place, because I'm having trouble with it reverting back to the stock reader on reboot (making the installer useless).
I can install it with ADB with no problems (but I have to redo it after every reboot); it should work with Root Explorer on a rooted machine as well.

Changes:
Has anyone experienced the Reader (or any other) app reverting to the stock one on reboot before? The problem seems vaguely familiar somehow, but I don't remember where I might have seen it before

After I've figured this problem out and pushed out this release, this project will be on hold for a while until I get my act together and have enough free time to spend on it.

I have tried to answer as many questions as possible below; if I have missed something important, feel free to repeat it or give me a shout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermaus View Post
Works great (on my rooted 1.0.04.12210 device)

Many thanks for the great home-mod. Thanks!

However, I suspect the xml has a small typo, I am pretty sure the 'Settings' on the 3rd page is supposed to be 'System Settings'.

After all, why else is app_syssetting defined? It also fits nicely with the other 'android' specific stuff on that page, and the fact the normal settings is already on the 2nd page.

Code:
		<launcherFavApps>
			<!-- App buttons on top of app drawer -->
			<item>app_rootexplorer</item>
			<item>app_term</item>
			<item>app_syssetting</item>
			<item>app_dropbox</item>
		</launcherFavApps>

Edit: BTW: Where did the 'purchased' button go? I did not see it in the pre-defined app list at the bottom?
What goes where is more a matter of taste than anything else; but I will give the defaults a makeover whenever I get back to working on the mode screen.

Purchased is app_purchased, as pointed out by bethany7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph1r3ph0x View Post
Hi Morkl,
Nice work you did there However I found a little bug that you might not now about.
In the modified reader App, if you zoom in and move around, it refreshes the screen, just like it does in the original App. But if you move again, it doesn't refresh, leaving me with a quite unreadable font This is quite annoying, if you use the reader to navigate through a pdf file in zoomed mode and have to return to normal mode everytime you want to change the current position.

Also, would it be possible, to make a multi-touch rotate gesture? (Use two fingers in a rotate gesture to actually rotate the current view)
On my search i came along THIS, but I don't know if that's of any help.

Greetz Ph1r3ph0x

P.s.: I actually really like the simple small percentage gauge the kindle has down there Do you think, there is any way to get this in the reader app?
+ as written brefore me already a clock would be quiiiite nice
I'm aware of the problem; I just haven't been able to figure out where exactly the relevant calls are made.

It's most definitely possible (everything is possible), but would probably require a rewrite of the touch handling in the app.

Clock and better reading gauge are probably the most common requests, and when I get back to working on this project, they are the first thing I'll look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddy View Post
Hi Morkl,
Thanks for the good work. I like the modified homescreen muchmore than the original one and also more than the new homescreen.

There is just one minor problem, I have:

I've configured OpenSudoku as follows:

<customAppDefinition name="app_sudoku" title="Sodoku">
<iconNormal>ic_sudoku.png</iconNormal>
<iconPressed>ic_sudoku.png</iconPressed>
<componentName package="cz.romario.opensudoku" class="cz.romario.opensudoku.gui.FolderListActivit y" />
<intentAction>android.intent.action.MAIN</intentAction>
<intentCategory>android.intent.category.LAUNCHER </intentCategory>
</customAppDefinition>

I can start sudoku with the new button. But once sudoku is running the home button doesn't work any more. To leave sudoku I have to press the back button several times.

Does anybody have a solution for this problem?
Did I miss something in my configuration?
Is there a failure in my configuration?

Thanks in advance, Foddy
Strange. Can you use the home button if you open the application from the app drawer or otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoik View Post
Can i use this modification if i use my ereader in spanish or it changes the interface to english?
I haven't tested it in any other language, but all the localizations are still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
Hope everything is ok with morkl, he's been MIA for a while.
Oh, I'm fine (could use a vacation though (and/or someone to remind me to keep people updated)), I just have a huge backlog of things that must be done and not quite as many hours in the day as I'd prefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany7 View Post
Made a guess and it worked... app_purchased.

Sorry!
Thanks for pointing it out!